- Very fun and engaging build to play
- Spectral Throw MTX’s all look amazing! (Hope to get Lunaris boss from act 8 MTX at some point!!)
- Very fast pace build
- Incredible movement speed with whirling blades
- One of the best AOE clears in the game hands down
- Amazing Single Target capabilities as well
- Vaal Haste + Vaal Grace take it yet another step further
- Free frenzy charge generation via ascendancy class
- Vaal pact + insane damage gives ridiculous amounts of leech
- Can do almost all map mods (avoid no leech, ele reflect)
- Able to do all content (all maps, uber atziri, all labs, shaper and guardians, uber elder)
- Nice defensive capabilities
- Easy/Cheap to gear with room for lots of improvements as you get more currency
- Ele Reflect maps are NOT possible
- Can not leech maps are NOT possible
- Can be decently expensive to fully min/max yourself for end game gear
NOTE: Credit to Orig Author: g00fy_goober
SKILL TREE FULL: POE PLANNER
– Spectral throw can be used to level the entire way through. 4 Link it when you can with LMP at level 8 (GMP at level 38), added lightning damage, and Elemental damage with attacks (EDWA).
– Use any 1 hand rare weapon with the most flat ele dmg on it. Crit/Attack speed don’t matter much at this point though I hate slow weapons personally. Base does not matter at all here either. Claws, Swords, Daggers w/e is fine while EARLY leveling. Once you need leech, you need to have a claw for soul raker passive.
– For armor pieces (helm/chest/boots/gloves etc) just try to get a good amount of res and any life you can.
– Use a mana flask until your mana leech is good enough to sustain your skill. Especially for boss fights in which you will run out of mana quickly. For awhile I do not even use herald of ice, only wrath just to give me more mana. Don’t really start using Herald of Ice until I stop using mana flask mostly.
– If it is not the start of a league elreon jewelry while leveling is wonderful. Along with your normal leveling uniques such as: Goldrim, wanderlust, tabula etc.
– Use normal leveling uniques if not at start of league: Tabula/Goldrim/Elreon Jewelry. Weapons just find rares with ele dmg based on your level. Also Wake of Destruction boots are great for leveling. They give you 1-120 lightning dmg to attacks, 15 movespeed, and life on kill. Absolutely great to level with.
*NOTE* Ignore gems as they are changed/outdated (including abyss gems)
- Rat’s nest is really the only choice here. Highest global crit the better. Crit, attack speed, move speed. Only thing missing on this baby is life.
- Claw is 100% mandatory for this build. Can use swords/daggers to early level with, but as soon as you need to leech life/mana and you start picking up claw nodes on tree, claw will be required.
Base: Best base is imperial claw or any claw that has 1.6 base APS and 6.0 base crit. Gemini claw is not bad either as it has mana gained on hit which helps with some early on mana issues and has 1.5 Aps with 6.3% crit. Few things to note here… 1.) Any claw with less than 1.5 aps is not going to be a very good idea. 2.) Physical damage on claw means NOTHING AT ALL. Everything you do is ele damage, so the difference between imperial claw or say noble claw is not much (only the life gained on hit/mana gained on hit changes for the implicits). 3.) Claws with things like 2% physical damage leeched as life do absolutely nothing for you, having an implicit like that does not benefit you in anyway so try to avoid them.
Stats: High lightning dmg > High Cold dmg > Attack Speed > Crit > High Fire dmg > Crit Multi. Your first “mapping” claw should be dual ele dmg with crit + attack speed. Upgrade later on to HOPEFULLY Tri ele dmg with 1.9+ attack speed and 7.5%+ crit. Crit multi is very hard to get with the 5 other mods you need and it will cost you a LOT.
- Lycosidae is truly a great shield. It’s stats are not to spectacular but it gives you 100% chance to hit. This allows you to not have to get accuracy rolls on your jewelry and even then you would still only have like 90-92% chance to hit give or take. Your res will be easily capped with gear/tree so you don’t lose out very much by using this low level unique.
- Belly of the beast is just the best option here. Try to get 40% life they don’t really cost a huge difference compared to a mid roll on life %. With this vast amount of life and some all res along with some armour + evasion.
- Tombfists is the only way to go. Try for highest attack speed roll and % max life you can get.
- Good rare pair of boots is the best option here. Whirling blades is used for 99% of your movespeed. So in actuality movespeed on boots matters very little if at all. I like to get a bit just because if I click to pick up item or something I move normally for a second or two. You can get a split base evasion/armor or evasion/es that will help with early chroming. Two Toned base is also a very good idea for even more res.
Stats: High life > Tri Res > Movespeed > Evasion
- Another Good rare piece is the best bet here. Easy to get remaining resistances and super high life & elemental damage with attacks. Strength on this would be a bonus for your red gems like fortify/reduced mana/Inc Duration and would give you even more life.
Stats: Highest life possible > EDWA > Finish Resistances you need > Strength > Flask stuff
- Jewelry is to fill out as much dmg and the rest of ur defensives as you can. Really good pieces can get really expensive. The good thing is that with belly + rare gloves/boots + Passives you should already have a good chuck of your resistances filled out. Opal ring base is very slightly better than Diamond Ring base for rings. Either or is the best choice here (getting res ones if you need or life ones are not terrible, but less damage) Lapis/Amber/Agate/Onyx base for ammy would be best. You need some str + int, personally agate is my favorite.
Stats: EDWA > Life > Any remaining resistances > Crit/Crit Multi (Ammy only) > Flat lightning damage > Attack Speed (Ring only)
Look for: 2x high ele dmg rolls (lightning is the best) and 40+ life if you can manage it). Other ele dmg rolls are ok but not quite as good as lightning damage.
5L add Ice Bite
6L add Inc crit damage
*NOTE* Swap in slower projectiles for GMP on single target kills when needed for map bosses, atziri, shaper, guardians, etc.
3L Setup: Vaal Haste – Vaal Grace – Inc Duration
3L Setup: Wrath – Ancestral Protector – Portal
2L Setup (tombfists): CWDT (lvl 20) – Summon Lightning Golem
4L Setup: Orb of Storms – Herald of Ice – Curse on Hit – Ele Weakness
4L Setup: Whirling Blades – Faster Attacks – Fortify – Blood Magic
*Note* Keep a Slower Projectiles in your inventory to swap for single target kills
Vessel of Vinktar is the huge one here. Just a glorious flask all around. Flat added lightning damage to ATTACKS is the only choice here really. Lightning pen is not awful, but much lower than attack vinktar.
Atziri’s promise is up next. Now that we do not use penetration gem and our ele dmg is split a lot, atziri’s promise becomes better than wise oak. Also gives us more leech which is nice. Obviously elemental damage is the roll we care about as all our damage is elemental.
Diamond Flask is the best and only option for utility flask. Increased duration is my favorite roll coupled with shock immune now that we do not use avatar of the veil and do not have shock immunity, we need to have it rolled here to prevent Vinktar from making us take 50% increased damage. Diamond Flask itself now brings your crit chance from about 40% to about 65%(this will not show in tooltip).
Boots – Two-Toned boots are one of my favorites if you can find a good pair, the extra resists really help. Leech/stun/increased attack + cast speed are all good ones too but all work if you have killed RECENTLY (within last 4 seconds) so does not work with single target + bosses which is by far the most important.
That being said the BiS enchant would probably be 1 to 160 lightning damage added if you have NOT killed recently. Meaning this would work almost exclusively with single target damage which as previously stated is by far the most important.
Helm – 40% ST Damage is BiS. 25% from merc is ok, would really go for 40% though.
*NOTE* Deceleration might be better for single target on something like uber elder but that is it: See full breakdown on Page 346 a few posts from the top.
*See few posts down on page 304 for full explanation*
Major God – Brine king is the one I run just for the ability not to get stun locked… Additonally now that we are not immune to status ailments any longer due to the ascendancy changes… the 50% reduced effect of chill and the cannot be frozen if you have been frozen recently is great quality of life.
Feel free to change this as needed or use whatever other Major god you would like if Brine King is not for you.
Why don’t I have enough Str/Int? For level 21 wrath you need a whopping 159 intelligence, and for a level 21 fortify/inc duration you need 114 strength. The tree gives you a good bit but you have to be mindful of what you will need on the rest of your jewelry/belt/jewels. Try to get a good base for your amulet that has either str, intel or a mix of the two. A good strength roll on a belt would also be great.
I don’t like this or that with your build. Do I have to do it? 100% Absolutely Not. This is a build that I tweaked specifically to fit me. Do to you what feels right and looks good for YOU. YOU are the one that has to play it and enjoy it. Trust me when I say if you change your damage by a few hundred or even a few thousand or swap your defenses around it will not make or break the build for the most part. However keep in mind that I will always advise people to do what I have laid out in the build.
Herald of Ice vs Herald of Thunder Personally I use herald of ice as when monsters shatter (which is like always) it does an aoe effect, this aoe effect curses other monsters. Where as herald of thunder only curses monsters that the lightning bolt comes down and strikes. Technically lightning damage will stack slightly better due to lightning penetration from wise oak. However the damage difference is practically negligible. Also the aesthetic appearance of herald of ice looks way better.
Loreweave Vs Belly A well rolled loreweave (high life + crit + max res + ele dmg) will definitely be a lot better than a belly of the beast especially dps wise. However you will have to realize that losing 40% from belly and only getting like a +50 something roll on life from loreweave will make you lose hundreds of hitpoints. You will either have to deal with this or make up the life somewhere else which can be pretty hard to do.
Why do I keep running out of mana? At low levels you WILL run out of mana. Either use elreon jewelry if it is not start of league, or just run a mana flask. Once you get the mana leech node now called “Soul Raker” in the claw wheel and a decent amount of damage you shouldn’t really run out anymore. Also make sure you have primal spirit on the tree picked up it gives you a lot of mana!
Where do we get leech from? Their is now two places on the tree that we get leech from. The biggest source is the Soul Raker passive in the claw wheel up by shadow. It grants 1.2% ATTACK damage leeched as life and .8% ATTACK damage leeched as mana. The second passive is blood drinker which grants an additional .4% ATTACK damage leeched as life. Both are more than sufficient to keep your life/mana at full once you start dealing enough damage to sustain it. It is based on a % of the damage you deal afterall.
How do we generate frenzy charges? The frenzy charge generation comes from the first labs ascendancy points “Way of the Poacher”. Also ice bite now gives us some extra frenzy charge generation but is not needed at all.
Is this build SSF/HC Viable? SSF I would say definitely not. It would be very hard to get a lot of the stuff I feel is required. HC I would say its possible, but other builds would be a lot better for HC. This build, while pretty safe if built properly, is far from being super tanky for HC play. The way POE works with random mods rolled on maps and certain types of monsters being deadly can really kill a lot of experienced players let alone newer players.
EXAMPLES: See devourers with a map that rolled: Vulnerability + moster damage + massive crit
See Tentacle Miscreations with a map that rolled: – Max res + 106% extra fire dmg + 103% extra cold damage + increased attack/cast/move speed mods.
Why do we not use elemental focus when it gives the best dps increase? While elemental focus gives us a chunk of dps increase it is not worth losing our ability to inflict status ailments. For general clearing shock alone increases your damage by a huge percent let alone the QoL + defenses that chill/freeze give you. Furthermore all bosses can be shocked/chilled as well now since 3.0. This includes guardians + shaper. Now it is impossible to figure out the calculations of shock now based on our dps + the amount of life shaper has but how new shock works reads as the following: A purely Lightning hit which removes 10% of an enemy’s life will increase the damage that enemy takes by 50% for 2 seconds, scaling linearly down to 0% at no Lightning damage dealt. This means that while we don’t know the % some shock will still apply at all times.
Also do not forget that vinktar also applies shock. If you use vinktars you will not shock the enemy.
As for all fights that are not shaper/guardians (99.9% of playing), you can pull up POB and see the damage difference between ele focus and increased crit dmg. Then put back on inc crit damage and check calculations and tick is enemy shocked. Then look at how much more drastically your effective dps changes. It is a million times more than ele focus.